We are searching for a Chief Technology Officer to lead our technology team and develop a vision that will help us move to the next level.
If you share our passion for helping users make the best-informed decisions, would like to grow your professional skill set, and want to work with our incredible team, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Develop the overall technical strategy for the company.
- Maximise the returns and benefits of investments in technology and tools.
- Communicate the company’s technology strategy to management, investors, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders.
- Identify market obstacles and technical hurdles and manage risks appropriately.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies and software development best practice and apply as appropriate.
- Train, retain and coach the development team (hire as needed).
- Provide technical thought leadership and insight that inspires and motivates the team.
- Foster a collaborative and positive culture within the tech team.
- Lead decisions on application architecture and infrastructure design that support scalability, robustness and successful product delivery.
- Make decisions on technology selection.
- Establish the technology architecture requirements to support the growing and changing needs of the business.
- Develop process and pipeline.
- Work with the management team in developing the product roadmap.
- Build and execute a technology roadmap on time and on budget.
- Deliver a reliable and scalable product that satisfies the objectives of the business.
- Provide collaborative approach working closely with high end clients during product development – deliver frequent releases, gather feedback, ensure relevant delivery.
- Strong leadership skills. You will have experience in leading engineering teams in fast-moving, agile environments. You drive continuous learning and lean product development with your team and are comfortable collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Highly Technical. You will hire, onboard and work with Engineering Managers to further develop our technological vision and have to instil best practices across the team structure, working habits, code quality, and release cycles.
- Culture, Mission & Value Fit. You will be smart, driven, and ambitious. You are not afraid to challenge or be challenged. You are also empathic and compassionate, bringing as much EQ as IQ.
- Good communicator. You have a talent for communication and are able to listen to, and address, the concerns of all relevant stakeholders.
- You are fluent in English, with additional languages an advantage.
- Flexible & agile. You have no problem adapting quickly to changing priorities and empowering your team to do the same.
- Composed. You are comfortable managing upwards and laterally, defending your solutions, and negotiating terms with senior managers.
- You have a completed degree or comparable on the job education with a focus on computer sciences or engineering, plus proven results in delivering top notch technical engineering.
- You bring at least 5 years of leadership experience in a dynamic, fast changing environment.
- You have a background in engineering or deep technical experience, preferably having started your career as a software engineer.
- You will have a track record of delivering high performance products and platforms built for scale and complexity.
- You have strong experience and background in C++ and Python.
- Working with and learning from some of the top brains in our industry
- An extremely competitive salary
- Being part of a stable, successful company that truly values its employees
- Remote working option & brand-new offices currently being renovated in Malta
- A genuine opportunity to progress and develop further
- As soon as COVID allows it again: Annual company events